The expert will work under the guidance of the Knowledge and Innovation Team Leader and in cooperation with the Knowledge and Innovation team in the UNDP Bratislava Regional Centre.
The Bratislava Regional Centre integrates regional programming with technical and advisory support for 24 UNDP Country Offices in Europe and the CIS region. One of the central means for ensuring effective technical and advisory services is the incorporation of knowledge management principles, such as the development and support of Communities of practice, regional and global knowledge networks and real time content creation. The Centre is proactively promoting social media as a way to increase its engagement with online audiences. Monitoring of metrics and partnership building are also an important element in the effort to better target its information dissemination activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Develop a marketing/engagement plan for the UNDP Europe and CIS website (http://europeandcis.undp.org), for the Development and Transition website (http://www.developmentandtransition.net), and for associated social media accounts
* Assist web editor & Development and Transition editorial team to implement online marketing plan and help systematize workflow
* Implement trial online marketing campaign / engagement event (e.g. blogger event)
* Establish partnerships and content syndication strategies with media, think tanks, NGOs, similar organizations in the area of social media for both abovementioned websites.
* Create and deliver weekly reports using online metrics tools to measure the progress of the website and social media marketing campaigns
* Online marketing plan drafted, reflecting input from KM and Communication Teams, including specific and measurable goals
* Implement trial online marketing campaign, report on progress
* List of partners identified and contacted
* Advise on metrics reporting
* In depth understanding of communication and marketing principles and tools, with a specific focus on digital marketing and engagement strategies
* In depth understanding of web metrics and social media monitoring tools
* A high level of comfort working with social media and blogs
* Ability to manage and analyze web metrics data (both qualitative and quantitative), and the capacity to concisely summarize major trends and to make recommendations based on these trends
* Familiarity or experience with running online marketing campaigns (e.g. throughoogle Adwords) and search engine optimization
* Ability to develop and negotiate effective partnerships
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Knowledge of /Interest in development issues in Europe and CIS
* Completed secondary education
* Minimal working experience of 2 - 3 years in digital marketing, online community outreach, or related field. Proven experience developing online marketing plans
* Experience in the usage office software packages (MS office), experience using web based content management systems and online metric and monitoring tools (eg. Google Analytics, compete.com, facebook page analytics, Netvibes).
* Proficiency in the English language, knowledge of Russian is an asset
Evaluation of Applicants:
Applicants will be evaluated based on a cumulative analysis taking into consideration the combination of the applicants’ qualifications and financial proposal.
The award of the contract should be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
a) responsive/compliant/acceptable, and
b) Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
Only the highest ranked candidates who would be found qualified for the job will be considered for the Financial Evaluation.
Technical Criteria - 70% of total evaluation – max. 70 points:
* Criteria A (relevancy of the working experience in digital marketing, online community outreach) max points: 20
* Criteria B (relevancy of the experience with web based systems, online monitoring tools such as GA and other) – max points: 20
* Criteria C (relevancy of the proven work, analyses, online presence, engagement with social media tools) – max points: 25
* Criteria D (relevancy of language proficiency) – max points 5
Financial Criteria - 30% of total evaluation – max. 30 points
Qualified candidates are requested to apply online via this website. The application should contain:
* Cover letter explaining why you are the most suitable candidate for the advertised position and a brief methodology on how you will approach and conduct the work as well as examples of similar services delivered before. Please paste the letter into the "Resume and Motivation" section of the electronic application.
* Filled P11 form including past experience in similar projects and contact details of referees
(blank form can be downloaded from http://europeandcis.undp.org/files/hrforms/P11_modified_for_SCs_and_ICs.doc ); please upload the P11 instead of your CV.
* Financial Proposal* - specifying a total lump sum amount for the tasks specified in this announcement. The financial proposal shall include a breakdown of this lump sum amount (e.g. number of anticipated working days any other possible costs).
* Links to/examples of digital marketing work, analytical reports, online presence (blogs, engagement with relevant communities), websites and pages that resulted from the consultant’s work.
* Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please make sure you have provided all requested materials
*Please note that the financial proposal is all-inclusive and shall take into account various expenses incurred by the consultant/contractor during the contract period (e.g. fee, health insurance, vaccination and any other relevant expenses related to the performance of services...).
Payments will be made only upon confirmation of UNDP on delivering on the contract obligations in a satisfactory manner.
Individual Consultants are responsible for ensuring they have vaccinations/inoculations when travelling to certain countries, as designated by the UN Medical Director. Consultants are also required to comply with the UN security directives set forth under dss.un.org
General Terms and conditions as well as other related documents can be found under: http://europeandcis.undp.org/home/jobs
Qualified women and members of minorities are encouraged to apply.
Due to large number of applications we receive, we are able to inform only the successful candidates about the outcome or status of the selection process.