The Basel Institute on Governance is an independent and non‐profit think tank conducting research and offering policy advice and capacity building support in public, global and corporate governance/compliance. Through the International Centre for Asset Recovery, we further provide training and advisory services in the field of asset recovery. On grounds of its academic research it provides assistance to developing and transition countries in the assessment and implementation of public sector reforms particularly with regard to their anti‐corruption legislation and institutions.
Internship description and main tasks:
The intern will primarily assist with research and project support tasks on topics related to anti-corruption measures and public sector governance. He/she will:
* Assist staff with research and background analyses
* Drafting papers (“best-practice” papers or “lesson learned”)
* Assist staff with projects, logistics and administration
The intern should currently be enrolled at a University and fulfill this internship as part of his/her studies.
Desired knowledge and skills are:
* Academic background in law, political science, sociology and / or international relations.
* Fluent in English (language skills such as Russian, Arabic and/or French considered an asset)
* Strong interest in anti-corruption and public sector governance topics
Please note that the internship is based in Basel, Switzerland. All students are encouraged to apply. The Basel Institute on Governance will provide a small stipend of 500 CHF per month.
Please submit your application (CV, Motivation letter) to:
Ms Andrea Poelling, Head of Resources and Operational Support, email@example.com
(Applications will be accepted until 15th of June but the position will be filled immediately when the right candidate is found)