Le offerte di lavoro, stage e tutti i contenuti premium
sono accessibili previa registrazione gratuita.
STAGE RETRIBUITO A BRUSSELS SU GIUSTIZIA ED ECONOMIA
Contract period: 1st of November 2011 to 1st of May 2012
Full time and working in the FoEE office in Brussels Friends of the Earth campaigns for sustainable and just societies and for the protection of the environment.
It unites more than 30 national organisations with thousands of local groups and is part of the world’s largest grassroots environmental network, Friends of the Earth International. Please see www.foeeurope.org for more information.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the leading green NGOs in Brussels and to be part of a vibrant network of national member organisations.
As a part of this, the work of the economic justice team is multifold.
It encompasses three main areas: extractive industries, corporate accountability and lobby transparency. Reporting to the economic justice coordinator, you will be assisting and working alongside the other members of the team.
Main topics of the Economic Justice campaign:
* Expose the negative impacts of large European companies on local communities and the environment, specifically in relation to the extractive Industry;
* Expose deceptive cases of corporate influence in the European Union and advocate for more transparent lobbying;
* Address the increasing power of multinationals at the national and international level, specifically around their lobby activities in Brussels;
* Support local communities in dealing with multinationals;
* Advocate international instruments to make companies accountable for their activities;
* Expose cases of greenwash and scandals related to conflicts of interest;
* Coordinate bilateral and multilateral campaign on specific companies.
Goals and Responsibilities of the position include:
* Monitor EU policy developments relevant to the corporate campaign;
* Organise internal and external conferences and other events (debates, workshops);
* Conduct research on the relevant aspects of the campaign;
* Organize and distribute relevant information to member groups and the wider NGO network;
* Website update;
* Attend Brussels-based and if possible international events on the topic;
* Support the daily work of the campaign.
Applicants should demonstrate the following attributes:
* Strong organisational and time management skills;
* Excellent written and oral communication skills;
* Ability to work independently and take the initiative on projects;
* Good research and analytical skills;
* Ability to work under pressure and to face unexpected situations; Working knowledge of English;
* Experience as social/environmental activist or within an NGO;
* High level of IT literacy (Microsoft Office/Excel – Dreamweaver is a plus).
The following attributes are also desirable (but not essential):
* Knowledge of and/or experience on the corporate topic
* A degree in European studies, political sciences or law studies;
* Knowledge and/or experience of the European institutions;
* Knowledge of another EU language is a plus.
The intern will be based in our office in Brussels, for 6 months (full-time, 5 days a week).
FoEE offers a highly motivating working environment in an international NGO and office located in an environmentally friendly NGO building.
Starting date: 1st November 2011
Remuneration: 800 euro/month
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Interviews will be conducted in Brussels.
For more information about the organisation and about the campaign, see http://www.foeeurope.org